If I have learned anything this year, it is that I won’t ever be ready for what life throws at me. I won’t have the right words when it comes; I won’t know what to choose when fate itself is staring me down. But now I know I don’t always need to have the right answer.
I’ve learned I can go on waiting for something, sustained by hope and nothing more – or I can put it aside and shrug my shoulders. Bravely accept the fact that I can’t keep my heart safe any more that I can stop love from taking everything from me.
I have learned to stop saying yes when I don’t mean it – to live as authentically as I know how. To allow the tips of my fingers to skirt to darkness, as long as I remember to keep my eyes fixed on the light. And as one door opens and another closes, because that’s how doors work, I will move forward with the knowledge that unlike so many others, I have another year ahead of me – another shot at making it all the way around the sun, and a chance to get it right this time around!
Find balance in your life. Word hard but don’t let work take over your life, you will lose yourself. Love, but love for the right reasons. Life is too short for anything mediocre ( although some say it’s the longest thing they ever experienced ). Know who you are and know that you are worthy of reaching your dreams and that it is never too late to start creating that life you have always dreamed of. Do not compare yourself to others, that’s just deadly. No two souls are the same. You are your own person, you are beautiful and you are unique. Put your trust in the universe. Some things are just meant to happen, and some are not. Let go of whatever is stealing your happiness, it’s hard but it is worth it. Embrace change. Embrace life. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes you just need to breathe, trust and let go.
Don’t live the same year 74 times and call it life.
So , may the new year bring you an abundance of amazing opportunities, beautiful moments, and joyful experiences. May your positive actions & attitude inspire others. May you be brave enough to take on and overcome rewarding challenges. May you find yourself in high spirits & excellent health. May you love with all your heart and find peace in even the most turbulent of times. May the love you give always find it way back to you multiplied. And may you forever be filled with the hope & strength necessary to make your dreams a reality.
So here is 20 things to start doing:
- Drink a lot of water and green tea.
- Eat a big breakfast, average lunch, tiny dinner ( kidding, eat as much as you want ).
- Eat fruits & vegetables ( they make some things taste good 😉 ).
- Go for a walk / swim / bike ride.
- Read a book or 10.
- Go to bed earlier ( or not ).
- Stop thinking negative thoughts about yourself and others.
- Don’t dwell on the past, turn it into art.
- Enjoy little things.
- Do not judge or compare to others.
- Begin yoga or meditation.
- Do not put things off.
- Avoid processed food ( well they are good ).
- Stretch daily to increase flexibility ( we know what for ).
- Listen to music.
- Live in a t.i.d.y space.
- Wear clothes that make you happy.
- Throw away things you don’t need.
- Remember that all the effort you are making now will pay off in the end.
- GO OUTSIDE.
I already decided 2018 is going to be ridiculously amazing .
Happy new year 🎊